Sunday, February 25, 2007

Time Changes Everything



It's amazing how from year to year birthday's just get less and less exciting. This year I asked John to watch the kids so I could have some time to myself. I decided to just stay home and make some cards, and a big mess, because I never get to do things like that anymore. It was really nice to be able to dump the kids on someone else. Not that I don't love them but a break sure is nice every once in a while.

Ainsley went to the store with John later that day because she was sure I needed some birthday plates and cups. While she was there she picked out some lovely balloons for me. John said she wanted to get a huge smiley face but he made her choose birthday balloons. So I lucked out and got Disney princesses. Ains admitted on the way home that she liked the princesses more than me. All in all it was a nice and relaxing birthday at home.

By the way, thanks for all the calls and gifts. I begged for a swiffer wet jet for my birthday. Just because it's just something I always put off getting for myself but I really wanted one. John was disgusted with this. But my mom humored me and got it for me even though everyone thought it was ridiculous. John got me a cool mp3 player that I can run with. And Kortney humored my obsession with paint and picked me up some paint supplies, like a paint stirrer and some tape. It was great!

1 comment:

Karalenn Hippen said...

So ummm Happ Birthday Jess-a-fart. I thought of you throughout the day but kept putting off calling you till when I had a minute. Silly me, for some reason I forgot that I hardly ever have a minute with these two kids of mine and the only good time to call someone is when you are thinking of it. sigh Well at least I wrote a comment to wish you a Happy Birthday in a few days, a few days before your birthday. That was good.