Friday, February 9, 2007

On Second Thought

This afternoon I was feeding Owen and I turned on the TV. We use rabbit ears so we only get 4 channels. abc, nbc, fox, and "the new cw". As you can imagine there wasn't much on any of those channels at 1:00 in the afternoon. My choices were soaps, or Judge Mathis. Since I was bored and forced to sit there for a while I headed for channels that I only go to in desperate tv times. John watches the Christian networkin these crisis times, but today I chose QVC. As I sat watching two very excited people trying to sell special cleaning cloths I thought, boy I wish we had more channels so I wasn't forced to watch QVC.
A while later I was watching Ainsley make a creation with her finger paints. I was actually quite impressed. She was using a napkin to spread on the finger paint. I told her that if she wanted to hang her work on her cork board when she was done she could. Then she said, "There's lots of projects we can do on pbs dot org." Apparantly we are already watching enough TV and we don't need more channels.

1 comment:

shellydinger said...

Check out http://kiddley.com/ they have a TON of creative things to do with kids. They try to post a different one each day.