Sunday, February 4, 2007

McCall

This weekend we finally did something other than stay home. We went on a weekend trip to McCall (A resort town 2 hours north of Boise). My brother in law Dan's grandpa owns a cabin up there and they were nice enough to invite all the Welch's up for the winter carnival. We left on Friday morning, and despite the fact that the majority of the people there were dealing with some form of sickness we all had a good time.

John's favorite thing about the cabin was the lovely bear hanging on the wall. Ainsley was a little afraid of it, especially after she touched it and felt that the fur wasn't all that soft.


On Saturday morning we bundled up to go sledding. Owen and I didn't want to be left out so I thought I came up with a great solution. It was like being pregnant all over again!



Ainsley is classic in these last 2 pictures. She insisted on her hat being over her eyes in our family portrait, and I just happend to catch her doing a face plant as she braved the hill by herself. (She didn't think it was nearly as funny as the rest of us did).





That afternoon we went out to look at the ice sculptures around McCall. Some of them were amazing.



This one was a huge sphinx they turned into a slide.

3 comments:

shellydinger said...

Jess, I laughed and laughed at Ainsley's crashing picture! That's got to be one of those classic pictures that everyone talks about 15 years down the road. I loved it. Your hair looks really good too!

Melanie said...

I can't believe how long Ainsley's hair is! She's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess- I'm actually commenting on your blog, believe it or not. I really like the crash one of Ainsley, and I'm glad I actually got to see it. Congrats on Owen's first tooth. I'm sure that mom will be over anytime with a new chew toy for him. haha. Syd