Friday, February 16, 2007

Paint




I finally got Owen's room and the kids hallway painted today. You'll notice in the before picture that the bedroom was very dark. A little too dark for me. Although it did make a lovely background for my pictures. The pictures make the new paint color look almost white, but it is actually a darker beige color. The hallways in our house are white. For some reason they painted everything but the hallways. So I am painting those as well.

John thinks I am obsessed with paint. I might be just a little bit. The people that we bought our house from were definitely not good painters. They were very sloppy painters. So all of my repainting jobs turn into a bigger project than I originally plan for. I now realize that I have to repaint doors and trim before I can paint a room. There's just too much paint on them that isn't white. I might take it a little too far because I might be a slight perfectionist. So now that Owen's room and the hallway are done I can move onto the other hallway, the kitchen, my bedroom, the bathrooms, and eventually the living room. That's right. I will eventually repaint the entire house. This drives John crazy. But he can't complain too much because I have roped my mom into helping me with the painting so it's not like he is really being put out. And when I'm done the house will look just like I want it to. In my opinion I have had to live in apartments for so long that I am now just taking advantage of the fact that I can paint.

By the way, I'll wait to post the after picture until I get the room put back together and decorated cute.

2 comments:

Kohl said...

Jess,
I am obsessed about painting too. All of our walls are bare so I can't wait to get some color on them. We have painted Gavin and Liam's room, and we just started working on our main hallway and living room. It is such a big task to do. I wish I had some help from my mom! :)
Shauna

Karalenn Hippen said...

I can't wait to see it when it's done. If it were my project it wouldn't show the done pictures for about a year since it takes me that long to finish something. :) It will be fun one day to paint anyway we want and not worry about getting caught by a landlady.