Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yuck!

Lately I've had a bit of an illness. I call it "I can't stay away from the kids snacks no matter how hard I try." Usually I don't have a problem eating the kids treats, they just don't appeal to me that much. But lately I have no self control when it comes to snacking. I've even tried to trick myself by buying yucky generic brand treats for the kids. I've been buying the Walmart brand treats to try to divert my crazed desire for snacks (no offense to Walmart brand food, but some of it just isn't good). But to no avail. Last week I bought a package of generic Oreo's, I got home and tried one...just as I hoped...it was gross. But here I sit a week later, having polished off most of the bag on my own (I feel a little sick to be quite honest). So either generic oreo's are an acquired taste, because now they don't seem so bad....or, my lack of control when it comes to snacking has reached new pathetic levels, and I'm willing to stick anything in my mouth. Either way I need to find some magical pill that decreases my need for snacks!

Or I just need to make the kids go with out any sort of crackers or treats so that they are never in the house. But who am I kidding, that won't happen. If I did that we would never make it through sacrament meeting, and I would never be able to do any sort of shopping without mega chaos...the calming effects of fruit snacks and crackers amazes me to this day. Also, I'm pretty sure Owen would die of starvation if I cut off his cracker supply, because then his only source of calories would be fruit. Crackers are considered a grain, right?

You see my dilema. Tough life I live...huh?

4 comments:

Arin Rohrbach said...

I'm in the same boat. It's really hard right now since we can't go anywhere due to the new baby. So I'm stuck inside all day being taunted by the snack cupboard. My defense, gum. It's only 5 calories and it helps a little bit.

Karalenn Hippen said...

Well. I guess I've been missing in action for a while. I had to read all the way back to mother's day to get caught up with you guys. IT was fun. :) Love the videos of dancing, jumping off furniture, and sign language. ANd a laughed remembering your plant with worms. I remember how distraught you were over the whole thing. :) WE were in WEst Jordan at the time and it was before Ains and Kendyl were ever here. I'm excited for your garten. Here's to solar thingys for tomato plants!

Melanie said...

I couldn't agree more! I'll eat things like fruit snacks or nasty cookies and think, Why did I just do that?!? But for some reason I just can't stop!!!

Lisa-Marie said...

I have done that EXACT thing. I still eat them too. grrrr. What is my problem. When you find the magic cure will you share it with me?!?!!?