Thursday, May 1, 2008

Night Out!

A few days ago we found out that this week was music week and that there was a free production of Singin' in the Rain being performed. This was kind of siginificant because Ainsley has been dancing to the song "Singin' in the Rain" for her dance recital this month. So, John and I decided to surprise Ains and round up some tickets for a night out with mom and dad. This proved to be harder than we thought. When I called to reserve a seat they informed me that they were sold out for all 4 performances...10,000 tickets gone! They told us we could show up the night of the show and try to get stand by tickets.
So last night, John stayed at work late (he works right by the theater) and then headed over to get in line for stand by seats while I took Ains out to her favorite restaurant, Red Robin. She loves Red Robin for the Happy Birthday song, not for their burgers. She always orders pizza. Last night didn't disappoint seeing as how they did the birthday song twice while we were there.
After dinner Ains and I headed down town and met up with John, who had lucked out and gotten tickets before we even got there! Ains liked the play. She had fun clapping, and seeing the orchestra pit. She did a really good job for being so young. We did leave after intermission tough. It was 9:30 and they had done all of the good songs, and we could tell Ains was getting tired.
John thought the play was "awful". I thought it was what would be expected from local, volunteer talent. Although the lead did remind me of Scott Montgomery (those of you who went to high school with me and knew Scott Montgomery will understand why this might be a bad thing). All in all a fun night though. One that Ainsley will hopefully remember! Here are the three pictures I took...
The only good picture.
The only picture with all of us, but Ains has a crazy face.
Ainsley and the orchestra pit...although due to lighting, you can't see the pit.

3 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

What a fun night! I love musicals.

I need to do more one on one things with my kids. Those are special times!

Dinger said...

Hey, so where do you find out about fun stuff like that?? Plus, you can't beat free!!

Natalie Ball said...

How Fun! I would love to take Nathan to something like that. Next time let me know and we'll go together!