Monday, July 21, 2008

Before and After's

Well, the "remodel" is now complete. John surprised me and installed our new sink this week while I was at Enrichment. Isn't he full of surprises lately? So now I can finally post before and after pictures. Unfortunately my before pictures don't capture the true grossness of my old things. So I'll try to explain.
The sink had several chips in it...although only the big one I gave it is visible. It also had permanent black streaks all over it, and the bottom was stained yellow from our hard water because the finish was completely gone.
I love my new faucet. I've wanted a pullout faucet for a long time, and although I wasn't able to get one of the cool $500 faucets, I am still loving mine!
Here is the kids old bathroom shot. Their linoleum was actually in the best condition. The only problem with theirs was that there was a bubble in the flooring next to the tub. Oh, and there was ton's of little tiny flecks of red paint on it due to sloppy painters in the past.

This is the old shot of the laundry room. I wish you could see all the scuffs and dings in the floor, there were lots. But, apparently my camera needs higher mega pixels in order to get a shot of that.

And here is the before of the master bath. It might just look ugly because of the green diamonds, but if you could look at it up close you would see that is was truly disgusting. By far the grossest in the house. There was black grime in the little creases that grossed me out. I'm just grateful that it is gone and I never have to look at that layer of grime again. It's kind of weird that I have lived in some crummy places and I've never had linoleum as gross as this.


So now I have nice clean, and updated floors and a new sink. (Thanks for doing it all John!) I wish that I had some 'during' shots. But I just didn't think to take out my camera while we were busy taking out toilets!

My list of things to do in this house is slowly disappearing. I love the way that everything turned out, and I have decided that based on the small amount of choosing I had to do for these repairs, I think I might not ever be able to build a house. I get way to stressed out over little things.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Jess, it looks amazing! You've inspired me to tear the carpet (yes, carpet) out of my master bath and put in tile.

Anonymous said...

Jess, it looks really cute! Your new floor looks just like the linoleum I put in our bathroom! I love it! :)

**KT

Elizabeth said...

you should get your own HGTV show...it looks great!

Kohl said...

The updates look great! It is so fun to have new stuff in your house. I know I could never build a house from the ground up. Way too much stress for me!

Natalie Ball said...

Cute new floors! I'll have to drop by and see them in person!

Dinger said...

I'm posting this super late, but I have been at girls camp all week and have missed all of your posts!! I want your strawberry Jam recipe and I love, love, love, the new flooring in your house. I can't wait to see it in person. Your house was always cute, but this will make it that much more so!! What great taste!!