Friday, July 11, 2008

Surprise!

John surprised with the greatest suprise ever (for someone obsessed with home repairs). He called and got an appointment for our new linoleum to be put in, and it is being installed as I type! Yesterday was a bit hectic. We had to get our toilets removed and our washer and dryer out so that it could be installed today. We stayed at my parents last night, but everything will be ready for us to go home to tonight! I'm so excited.

And the best part is that just due to timing, I also get a new kitchen sink and faucet installed in the next week or so too. Our sink was in really bad shape when we moved in to our house and our faucet was slowly falling apart. A bout a month ago I dropped a glass pan on the edge of it and chipped off a big piece, and for me that was the last straw. It just so happened that my parents had taken their old (just a couple years old and in great shape) sink out of their kitchen for their remodel. So I got a nice 'new to me' sink for a GREAT price. And since I didn't know that John was scheduling for new linoleum I went a head and bought a new faucet so that we could get the sink installed and out of our garage.

So now I get 2 things replaced at the same time. Awesome! Or maybe I'm wierd and most people don't get excited about things like sinks, faucets, and linoleum. None the less...I'm going to be posting all the before and after pictures when it's all done!

6 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

YEAH! Can't wait to see the before and afters! Have fun!

And no, it isn't weird to be excited about this stuff. It means you are a happy person!!!!

The Marshall Family said...

I would be totally excited too, so you are not weird, at least not about that!

Dinger said...

We can't wait to see it, it may feel like a brand-new house!! All your own! I love surprises like this one!!

Melanie said...

I totally get excited about things like that... I can't wait to see the pictures!

Val said...

I know exactly how you feel! I love getting things replaced in my house and in good working order! Can't wait to see some pics!

Kohl said...

Who doesn't get excited about new stuff?! I bet you are just loving having new flooring! It can make such a difference in your house. Can't wait for pics.