Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Okay, so that totally backfired!

Last night Owen was being a bit of a stinker again. So after 30 minutes of crying John went to check on him. Owen started freaking out more when John tried to leave so John offered the option of sleeping on the floor again. Of course he chose the floor, but surprisingly HE FELL ASLEEP there! Either John doesn't have my touch, or Owen is really out to get us. The good news is that he was asleep last night by about 8:45. He hasn't been to be that early in over a month! And he's still asleep this morning as of 8:25. I wonder if my plan will continue to backfire and we will now have a little boy that insists on sleeping on the floor?

6 comments:

Dinger said...

It may seem early but maybe he is ready for a "big boy bed." My only other suggestion would be music or stories that he listens too. I used to record myself or have my mom record herself reading stories on tape. The kids loved listening to my voice on tape as they fell asleep and they got some fun stories out of it too. Maddie has since moved on to High School Musical and Hannah Montana, but has worked for all of my kids.

Lisa-Marie said...

I say, let him sleep on the floor as long as he stays there and goes to sleep. Wouldn't 8:45 every night be nice!

We too have sleep issues. I think most parents do at one point or another!

Good luck.

jessica said...

I actually thought of the big boy bed thing, but I need to buy a set of bunk beds next, and I don't want to buy them until I know if I'm buying them for boys or girls. So I guess until then, the floor will have to be good enough!

Arin Rohrbach said...

I had to wait to buy bunk beds for the same reason. Then when we had Logan we knew we could go ahead and get boy bunk beds. You could always just put his crib mattress on the floor.

Anonymous said...

He doesn't get his dislike of the crib from any stranger. When John was about the same age, he wouldn't stay in his crib. He couldn't figure out how to climbe out, so he would fling himself over the side. Then he would go climb in bed with Melanie. It's a wonder he didn't break any bones or give himself a concussion.

Melanie said...

Bedtime is the hardest time of day! Fighting the kids at night seems to take hours... and all the time, I am so anxious for them to go to sleep, because it finally means a few minutes of time to myself! I think if it's the floor that gets Owen to sleep, let him sleep there! I'm curious to hear what's happened over the last 2 days -- keep me posted!