Thursday, July 31, 2008

Welcome Home!

Last night we got to go to the airport and pick up my little brother. He has finally completed his mission to the Dominican Republic. After our wait at the airport for the arrival of his plane...

We finally saw this skinny...no not skinny....emaciated missionary walk through the gates. It was amazing to see him, he was completely unrecognizable. I felt like I was hugging a sack of bones.
It was a great reunion though. He has definitely grown up since he left.
It was also a great experience to get to hear him bear his testimony as a missionary one last time before he was released. The stake president met us at my parents house as soon as we got home from the airport and released him. I'm sure it was a bitter sweet moment for Michael. I wish his plane would have gotten in earlier in the day so that we could have spent more time with him. (Our kids didn't get to bed until after 11:00 as it was last night.) But, I'm sure there will a lot of catching up over the next couple of weeks before he heads off for his fall semester of school. Welcome home Michael!

6 comments:

Dinger said...

Oh My Gosh, he looks so mature and old since I saw him last!! How excited to have him back home!!

SD and EJ said...

He does look so different! Not that he's so much younger than me, but I still remember him as this little boy.

Karalenn Hippen said...

Oh weird. I can only picture him as a chubby little 3rd grader running around making fart noises with his mouth and armpit and talking about the movie "Dunstin Checks In". You should make him some cookies and bring them by for just him to eat. :)

The Marshall Family said...

I was thinking just what Karalenn said. I don't think I would recognize him if he just randomly passed me!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I remember him from when we went to your house once in college. He was just a little kid! So crazy!

My bro. will be home in November. I am way excited.

**KT

Val said...

Holy crap! My mom told me he was skinny but I would never recognize him! Welcome home!