Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Jam

Yesterday I finally got my freezer jam made. I've had a ton of strawberries in the freezer just waiting for me to do something with them. Ains has been really sick and slept or watched movies ALL DAY yesterday, which allowed me time to make jam (and fiddle around with my blog settings). So today we have been eating our fair share of bread and jam. I was outside and Owen came up to me looking so proud holding up a piece of bread that he had spread jam on all by himself.
He looked so cute, but I was a little worried about the condition of my kitchen. I went in and my little helper had "jammed" several slices of bread. (I've been finding jam on random pieces of bread in the bag all day too.) He was very responsible with his work and even pushed the chair that he had been using to reach the counter back over to the table. I knew which chiar he had used based on the incredible amounts of jam that were on one particular chair.
Poor Ains though has missed all of the fun again today. Her stomach is really bothering her. She's had some nasty symptoms that I won't go into detail about here. She insists on carrying around a throw-up bowl even though she isn't throwing up. She woke up for a while this morning and then was out until 1:00. Every time she wakes up she tries to tell me that she wants to go swimming or to the park. Not likely. She was supposed to get to play with her friend yesterday and her play date just continues to get postponed, she's so sad about it. I just hope she's better soon. I think we're all getting a little stir crazy.

No comments: