Thursday, April 3, 2008

I'm Bored!

Well, I'm in the recovery stage...and I'm BORED TO DEATH! My legs feel okay, but I'm definitely not ready to be out and about for long periods of time. So I'm finding ways to fill my time. Yesterday I filled my afternoon painting my candles. Someone gave me the idea to paint the candles on my plant shelves that I didn't like the colors of. Let's just say that it would have been a great idea, if I had taken the time to purchase the right paint color. But, due to my current health status I decided to try to create the color I wanted by mixing colors I already had........BAD IDEA. I was going for a deep red with maybe some black to it, I got a mauve-purple color. I stuck the candles back on my plant shelves and there they will stay until I go buy more paint, or until I get over my severe cheapness and just go buy some candles I like!

My outing for today was a quick trip to the flooring store. Okay, so that's not so boring, but it's the most exciting thing I have done or will do all day. Not that I can afford flooring just yet, but my brother in law works for a builder and gave us the name of his flooring store to see if we could find some scraps that might work for our bathrooms and laundry room. Unfortunately for me, they didn't have any scraps big enough today. But luckily for me, since they know my brother in law I just have to go through a bunch of samples and tell them what I like and they'll call me if anything comes in. Hopefully by doing it this way we'll be able to cover our disgusting linoleum without breaking the bank!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I think that the second sample from the bottom might be in my kitchen...

Karalenn Hippen said...

YOu are so funny. I should have got you candles for your bday.

Anonymous said...

Well, Jell, I don't remember your e-mail address, so this is more of an e-mail than a comment. I hope that's okay. Oh, and by the way, I know I spelled your name wrong. Don't you remember bowling? Anyways, maybe to spice up your life a little bit, you could come and visit me at Zurcher's, and Ains and Owen could get a free balloon. That's right, "FREE" balloon. Anyways, hopefully you read these or else me being up this late after working is really pointless. Quick question before I go. Who is Penelope Crackers? Well, have fun tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I don't have a google ID, but the anonymous above is your sister Syd. And so is this one. :)