Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Lost

It all started today at Mervyn's. I was shopping with the kids hoping to find Ains a cheap pair of jeans on clearance (which I did) since she has holes in all but one of hers. I also made a few other great finds while I was there. I found a cute black shirt to go with one of my skirts for church for only $6! So, what's the big deal you ask? I had already bought a black shirt to go with this particular shirt a while ago. I liked the shirt at Mervyn's better, and it was $9 cheaper.

This wouldn't have presented a problem for me except that when I got home and started looking for my old receipt I couldn't find it. Not only could I not find that particular receipt, I couldn't find the envelope that I stash all my receipts in until I'm sure I want to keep what I bought (I do a lot of returning...it's sad, but it works for me). So now I've searched everywhere and the envelope is no where to be found. I'm starting to give up on the precious cargo lying uselessly in my lost envelope, forcing me to consider receiving store credit. I'm mad because I hate store credit, half of the time I feel obligated to buy something right then that I don't need, and yet if I hold on to the gift card I usually forget to use it when I do end up buying something at that store in the future. I've gotten myself into a real predicament. I HATE losing things!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I completely agree! I get SO mad at myself when I do something like this. I feel like my single dumb mistakes end up costing me so much money!!! I hope you find the receipt!