Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Not an April Fools!

This year I for April Fool's I went ahead and got some veins ripped out of me...FUN! My legs are wrapped again, but I can walk with out shooting pain, so I'm hoping everything goes much better this time. I keep my legs wrapped until Thursday and then I can look and see the damage. I made the mistake of looking at one of my legs before he wrapped it and I think that was a bit of a mistake. The incisions were really small but my leg was all bloody and I already had a freaky dream (yes, I have been sleeping all day) about a HUGE cut down the front of my leg. This procedure felt so weird. I could actually feel the doctor yanking the veins out. It kind of grossed me out even though I couldn't see anything. So...only 2 more appointments now. One more check-up and then one more deep vein ultra sound to make sure every thing is okay. It will be so nice to be done! Plus, I'll have normal looking legs this summer...hopefully!

6 comments:

shellydinger said...

That post actually made my knees hurt. I don't want to imagine what it feels like to have a vein pulled out. Get some good rest!

Kohl said...

I probably would have passed out if I had looked at my leg like that. Hopefully the worst part is over. I'm sure you will be glad that you had the vein removed.

Lisa-Marie said...

Oh Jessica. Hang in there. I wish that I were in Boise. I'd love to have your kiddos over to play so you could rest. Take it easy.

Dinger said...

Hey Jessica, let us know how we can help. We would love to watch your kids or bring you dinner! I'll call you. Hang in there! You will have sexy legs before you know it!!

The Marshall Family said...

I just about puked when said you could feel the veins being yanked out!! Ahhhhhhhhh!!! I am going to have nightmares now. I am so sorry you have to go through this.

Karalenn Hippen said...

Oh man, that was alittle too graphic Jess. I'm still cringing about feeling veins being pulled out. eck! I hope you recover faster this time.