Monday, October 19, 2009

I'm Ready

I'm officially declaring myself ready to have this baby! ALL baby clothes/blankets/carriers etc. have been washed, folded, and tucked away.
The curtains have been washed.
EVERY closet in the house has been organized (and while I know you want a picture of every closet I will refrain and only share one :).
The car seat has been thoroughly washed and car seat cover has been sewed and altered so it fits in the seat the way I want it to (I have my mom to thank for that one...the button hole foot threw me for a loop).
The pantry has been cleaned out. (Important, I know...)
BOTH cars have been cleaned inside AND out! We had to clean John's car too...just in case the baby ever had to ride in his car, because it was a little scary.

Also the garage has been cleaned out. Completely emptied, swept, and reorganized!
The yard is ready for winter....garden is torn out, sprinklers blown out, lawn mowed and edged, plants cut down and trimmed.
Patio furniture is tucked away and covered for winter.
The other things on my list that have been checked off are....

****Christmas shopping done!!!!!!
(Except for extended family, but I can handle that much with a newborn). I must say this is nice, except that I will never do it again, because if I finish this early I just want to keep shopping, or I see something at a price that I can't pass up. Luckily I will have a newborn to help deter some of the frivolous shopping that I would normally be tempted to do.

*****Eyebrows have been plucked (this was really on my list....sad huh?) I took a picture of my eyebrows but I realized that they already needed plucked again...

*****Toe nails clipped. This was really hard, and I gave up on cleaning off the old nail polish. I'll just have to give birth with ugly toes...how will I survive!?

****I bought non-maternity fat pants. Mostly because I almost cried the other day when I realized that I had no sweats to come home from the hospital in.

*****The lamp shades have been vacuumed and the window sills cleaned.

*****Thank You's have been sent!

All very important things right? If someone could explain this to John that would be great!



Unfortunately there are just a few minor, yet necessary, jobs yet to be done. (But they are minor so I'm still declaring myself ready)

John has to vacuum out the air vents (don't laugh, I swear this has to be done :).
I need to sanitize the pacifiers. These must be ready to accompany me to the hospital so that I can start forcing them on my baby ASAP.

I need to buy more baby powder....since Owen dumped the powder out on the floor after he pee'd.

And I need to set up the pack and play. And that takes all of 5 minutes. Although I was a little bummed that I can't seem to find my pack and play sheet...how could it have just disappeared? We're not setting up the crib for a while since the baby will be sharing a room with Ains. We'll let her enjoy her space for a little while longer!

Now I just have to live the annoying life of waiting, and hoping that the baby decides to come right after I clean the house and do laundry and not right before, because I'm anal and I obsess over things like that!

So see, I'm ready. I just wish the baby was as ready as I am!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

John, I have just two words for you: Nesting Instinct. Ha ha ha. Your totally cracking me up Jess. Could you seriously come to my house and use up some of your energy. I haven't got the urge yet to start sanitizing everything in the house yet, but I tell you . . . . the only time my ceilings ever get scrubbed is right before a baby is born. :)

**KT

Elizabeth said...

I'll be honest-- I think the only time my house has been that clean was before we moved in! I never got a nesting instinct that made me want to clean, and how you can accomplish all that with 2 kids and being 9 months pregnant is AMAZING!!!!!!! I can barely empty the dishwasher, and I only have one little guy!

shellydinger said...

Super WOMAN! What is more incredible is that all that work didn't actually put you into labor. I never felt the urge to nest. I kept waiting for it to come, and then ended up bringing my babies home to dirty houses. You have one lucky little girl on the way!

SD and EJ said...

Come clean my house! I haven't done any heavy cleaning for weeks. Or any light cleaning, really. :) Seriously, your cleanliness amazes me; I wish I had half of it.

Ashlee said...

Impressive. Don't you just love what nesting does for you and your house? Good luck - I hope she comes soon. And don't worry, it's amazing how fast love and patience returns to you after the baby comes out! ;)

Colleen said...

good luck with everything. i hope it is a fast and not much pain labor for you. is that a shoe holder on the pantry door? if so i love that idea and so going to steal it.

Kohl said...

Holy Cow! You way have the nesting instinct! Hope the baby comes ASAP. Good luck with everything!

Sheri said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only pregnant woman finishing her Christmas shopping in October! Just reading this post made me tired. And seriously - get yourself a pedicure, pregnancy is the only time I justify getting one. Take advantage of not being able to reach your toes - and it just might send you into labor!

Brooke said...

Wow!! That is super, ultra, mega nesting!! And I'm really glad you got the pacifiers cleaned. :) I thought they would just hand out binkies at the hospital and was in a panic when Aaron had to go find one at a vending machine. I am a big binkie user! :)