Monday, October 5, 2009

Jumping the Gun

I feel the need to get everything ready early, thinking that somehow by being super prepared this baby might come early. Or maybe it will make the month go by more quickly. It's a cruel trick to play on myself really, but I always do it anyways.
On Friday I made John crawl up in the attic and get down all the Halloween and fall stuff. It was October...time for Halloween decorations right? John didn't seem to think so, since I'm pretty sure we are the only people we know that have decorations up outside. But with my sticks made and thus my indoor decorating done, I felt it was the appropriate time to move outdoors! Owen ran around the yard the entire time we decorated wearing his monkey costume, yes we are ready for Halloween people! This year the kids and I made some vampire bats to hang outside. I'm realizing now that these decorations were meant to be indoor and made closer to the actual holiday (I'm not sure why this didn't occur to me as I read that they were made of paper and balloons). Nonetheless, we have our paper/balloon bats hanging outside currently deflating and warping due to the rain and we'll have to take them down and replace them with something else soon.
We did hang one inside in the kids hallway though...good thing I'm so smart!

4 comments:

EJ said...

Fun! It is definitely not too early to start decorating for Halloween.

Anonymous said...

We totally have our Halloween stuff out too.

**KT

Ashlee said...

I love the bats! You could make some with styrofoam balls instead of balloons and put them back outside. Everything looks great.

Brooke said...

Way cute!