Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Proud Moment

I got an email a while ago that Ains would be getting an award today for demonstrating confidence. Her school will be focusing on different skills every month and then kids will be selected at each month to receive and award for demonstrating those skills. I can't think of a better skill for Ains to be awarded with than confidence...she oozes it!

(***Warning...this next paragraph is nothing more than shameless bragging about my child...***)

She is the one that will get called on in primary opening exercises to hop up and fill in if anyone is missing or unwilling to give their part, I've yet to see her get stage fright. She performed in the primary talent show a few weeks ago (she sang "Leavin' on a Jet Plane while I accompanied her on the guitar) and she didn't miss a beat. I think I was more nervous than her...she stole the show! She is one of the few readers in her class and I know that her teacher uses her to demonstrate things and read for the rest of the class. Along with her confidence comes her independence, she has a field trip tomorrow that she informed me she wanted to go on by herself. I guess I'm not needed already! Soooo, to get to the point...Ains is one of the most confident people I know and totally deserved this little award.
So today, despite being sick, John took her over to the school for the award ceremony and a little breakfast before she came home to crash on the couch. I stayed home with Owen. At the time we thought we would like awful parents if we took two coughing kids to the school. But John said the room was so packed that no one would have even noticed, so now I'm bummed I didn't go!

4 comments:

SD and EJ said...

I think you should post a video of Ains singing, "Leavin on a Jet Plane." So cute!

Anonymous said...

She's so cute. I hope she keeps her confidence her whole life...she will be a successful person! :)

**KT

shellydinger said...

I loved reading all about Ainsley, you should gush more often. More than anything I pray that my kids will be confident. I think it is hard to come by, and once you have it everything else in life is a little bit easier. Hurray for Ains! (and I second the video request. You play the guitar? awesome!)

Alene said...

Ains is so cute. I hope she gets better soon. It took Steve over a week to feel better.