Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Taken by Surprise

Despite my best efforts of becoming the germ and hand washing Nazi, the flu has settled upon our home (I'm pretty sure it's not H1N1 but who knows). I was caught off guard though because it struck the wrong child! I have been watching Owen like a hawk because he has had a cough for almost a week now, I've been waiting for it to turn into something else and it just hasn't...he hasn't slowed down one bit!

And then yesterday Ains woke up with a cough. I assumed that she had the same cough Owen has had and sent her to school (my bad...another moment that might win me mother of the year) she came home, plopped down on the couch and stayed there all day. By last night she had a fever and went to bed by 7:00. She was up during the night and even threw up, poor girl. She's pretty miserable.

I'm just hoping this passes quickly, and that the rest of us don't get it. I'm usually not so uptight about illness but I really don't want to have a newborn and the flu in the same house if I can help it. So I figure we have a week to clear this out of our house, hopefully sooner so the kids Halloween isn't ruined!

1 comment:

Alene said...

Poor Ains--but that's what kindergarten (and 1st grade) are for--to make sure kids are exposed to every germ on the face of the planet. If it is flu, they say the thing to watch for is that they get better, then get a fever again. If that happens, take her to the doctor quick.