Monday, March 19, 2007

Food Glorious Food

John and I have finally completed our little weight loss competition. Many of you know that we have been dieting since January 1st. We have been doing biggest loser with my dad and one of his friends. Everyone put in $50 at the beginning and we have been weighing in every two weeks since then. I won 2 weigh-ins, John won 2, and my dad won 1. And the overall winner was...ME! I lost 24 pounds, John lost 26, and I think my dad lost 26. I win $75. I was supposed to win $100 but my dad's friend is a bum and had unofficially dropped out, so we'll see if he pays out or not.

To celebrate everything we have passed up celebrating over the past few months, like our anniversary, my birthday, Valentine's Day, and now John's birthday, we are going to the Melting Pot tonight. I'm very excited because I love fondue. It's extra exciting because we have a $50 gift card and a coupon for a free chocolate fondue. So hopefully our little celebration won't break the bank.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Jess, that is amazing! I bet you and John both look great! Congratulations!!! (I've never heard of the Melting Pot, but it sure sounds yummy.)

Karalenn Hippen said...

Hooray! I knew you'd win. Our little contest here isn't go so well for me. Darn that will power. I do great and enjoy exercise and so that's how I've slowly but surely lost my weight over time, but I also LOVE food. I think next time we come in town we need to go to that place to eat... and you're buying. :) jk John can.

Kohl said...

Congrat Jess on winning the competition! What are you going to do with the money? :) (I would go shopping!)