Sunday, June 8, 2008

Down and Out!

We've had a bit of chaos around here the past couple of days...mostly due to me. On Friday night I went to bed with a sore back after helping my parents move back into their house (their remodel is finally done, and it looks great). On Saturday morning John and I woke up to Ainsley running into our room around 5:00 with an upset stomach. I jumped up to direct her toward the toilet and realized that I could barely move. Ainsley spent the next 2 hours throwing up, and I spent the next 2 hours trying to relax and stretch out my back. Our day Saturday was supposed to be packed with things like mowing the lawn, helping my parents complete their move, John working to prepare for his trial...etc. Instead, I called John at 9;30 in the morning, almost in tears, telling him that he had to come home from work because my back was getting worse and I couldn't move at all.

Luckily, the chiropractor that I had gone to with this problem before (after Owen's birth) was opened until 10:00 on Saturday. When I called they said they would wait for me until 10:10. John wasn't going to make it home in time, so I started calling everyone in my ward to find someone to watch my kids. Ains was still sleepin g in bed and Owen was wreaking havoc in my house. I called 6 or 7 people before I finally even caught someone at home. Codi (aka my lifesaver) raced over, with her kids still in their PJ's', so that I could rush off to get my back taken care of. She was so great, she rushed over with very little information while I rushed out the door. John got home while I was gone and cleared things up a bit for her. I'm pretty sure she'll be getting a little gift...as soon as I can move again.

So, Ains and I spent yesterday in our jammies on the couch. She was fine once she woke up, but her and I still took the day easy. John took care of the kids while trying to prepare for his trial. I think he finally felt ready last night around 10:00 (at least he wasn't up all night due to my lack of mobility). We weren't able to help my parents out anymore, John had to miss a young men's activity, and our lawn is still awaiting a much needed mowing. I'm so impatient and have a hard time putting life on hold due to a failing body. My body is numb from laying for so long. I still can't move and couldn't go to church today. I have another appointment to adjust my back again tomorrow, hopefully that will help, because I can't take much more of this. (Boy, I'm a whiner!)

3 comments:

shellydinger said...

Oh Jess, I'm so sorry. Thank goodness John could come home early. I hope you get to feeling better, and trying to relax a bit. Whine away - you deserve it!

Dinger said...

Call me anytime!! We love having cousins over. We would be happy to help. I bet your parents house looks great!!

Val said...

I heard all about your problems when I saw your parehts' house the other day. I hope everyone is feeling better soon. Their house looks awesome! It's funny how you're never there when I come over! Are you avoiding me?