Monday, June 2, 2008

Our weekend

We had a great weekend with John's family. Our niece was getting baptized and so we were lucky enough to benefit from it by living close and getting to have everyone come to us. David and Yanira's family stayed with us. Ainsley loved having cousins here and being able to have sleep-overs in her room. John's parents came up too and so we had everyone over for dinner on Friday. It was a fun weekend filled with BBQ's, a baseball game, playing, geo-caching, a baptism, and not much sleep. The kids had a blast, and unfortunately, I didn't pull out my camera once! What was I thinking??? So, if you want to see pictures you'll have to go here to see them. Paige did a way better job of capturing the weekend with pictures (maybe because it was her daughter getting baptized). But I decided to put my two favorite quotes of the weekend here.

On Saturday afternoon Mikaela walked into the house after I had just finished making potato salad and said, "Mmmmm, boiled eggs!" And she was serious, I have never heard anyone say that in my life...I've only heard the opposite.

During the baptism Owen was being a bit of a stinker, but I couldn't keep a straight face when he saw Maddie go under the water and yelled, "UH-OH!" He must have been very concerned for his cousin.

2 comments:

Dinger said...

Thanks for such a great weekend. Your potato salad really is amazing!! Friday's dinner was delicious too! Dan and I were just commenting last night how fun it is that you guys live so close. Thanks again for all your help!

SD and EJ said...

I'm so sad I missed it! Thanks so much for the magnet board. I love it!