Thursday, June 26, 2008

New Do?

Someone at church on Sunday asked me if I had gotten a new haircut because my hair looked different. I had to explain that the difference was that I had done my hair that day and she probably hadn't seen my hair done in a while. I have a serious problem with making myself look presentable during the summer.

As soon as swimming season starts my hygiene goes way down. My showering/doing hair schedule is based on workouts and when I will be swimming next. For example, if I work out in the morning but will be swimming that day there would be need for a shower, but no need to do my hair. When I do go swimming that day there would be no need to do my hair after that shower because the day would be practically over. There would also be no reason to shower the next morning if I don't work out, and it would be pointless to do my hair because it would be all crazy from not doing it the day before.

I have such a complex with doing my hair in the summer. I'm convinced that it should take less than a few minutes. So usually I just put some gel in it, attempt to make it curly, and then pin it up or put it in a pony tail. I would say that I do my hair only once or twice a week. Once for church, and maybe one other time if I feel up to it. Am I the only one that takes summer off? Why do I feel that just because it's warm outside there is no need to shower and groom? I must say though...I really do like the summer, and maybe that's because I'm so laid back about everything...even how I look.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel real bad for John.

Anonymous said...

I NEVER do my hair! Well, ok, once a week for church, and occasionally another day each week. Just like you! I'm totally with you on this one! It really is just a waste of time. :)

**KT

SD and EJ said...

I completely agree with you and if I swam that much in the summer, I would be the exact same way.

shellydinger said...

I don't swim, or work out, and I still shower every other day usually. My hair is constantly in a ponytail and I figure why wash and dry it if it is going to look the exact same way it did when I woke up. I wish I could say I'm only like this in the summer - but it's year round.

The Marshall Family said...

Now that I stay at home I do this year round, so you should feel good that you only do it during the summer!

Dinger said...

Day three and I still haven't washed my hair. . .it is looking a bit gross and greasy. . .should I go for day four??? Loved the necklace you and Ains made, I am glad I am not the only mom that feels guilty about the time she spends with her children. You are a great mom!

Elizabeth said...

After tax season ends, I always get asked if I have a new haircut. Actually, I usually do, but even if I didn't, I am sure I would get the question because my hair is in this weird bun/knot thing for four months... I wish I knew some cute & fast up-dos...

Elizabeth said...

After tax season ends, I always get asked if I have a new haircut. Actually, I usually do, but even if I didn't, I am sure I would get the question because my hair is in this weird bun/knot thing for four months... I wish I knew some cute & fast up-dos...