Monday, June 9, 2008

When it rains it pours!

Last night I slept with John, Owen, and BIG bowl. In a queen size bed. It was just a bit squishy. I honestly thought about getting up and taking a picture, but it was 1:00 in the morning, and that would have required way too much moving. We slept in a communal bed last night because Owen woke up and threw up all over his bed and since I was sure there would be more to follow, I stuck him in our bed so that I wasn't running back and forth all night...correction...so that John wasn't running back and forth all night, because I'm still very slow and can't lift a darn thing.

Little did I know that Owen would insist on holding the BIG throw up bowl while he slept. He would also insist on having his head, legs, or arms on me. I can't even begin to explain how hard it is to get comfortable with a bad back and a toddler and a bowl on you! I put up with this for a few hours and then gave up. I've never realized how much Owen tosses in his sleep at night. At one point I literally caught him by his shirt as he threw his body over the edge of the bed during one of his squirming episodes. At about 3 in the morning I went and made him a makeshift bed and made John carry him from our room. Poor John had to get up at 5:00 this morning for a trial. Hopefully he doesn't fall asleep in court!

Why does everything always seem to happen at once. It sure would have been convenient if we could have spread out the back issues, stomach issues, and the trial, over more than 2 days. Oh well.

2 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

Want to join me in my cave?!?!?!

I'm so sorry. Hang in there. It can only get better, right?

Sheri said...

Jess that is so NOT fun! Puking kids are the worst, but put that on top of a hectic husband and aching back - no fun! And if I lived in Boise I would have rushed over so you could go to the chiropractor! Hope you're feeling better.