Monday, June 9, 2008

The Silver Linings

After a few days of crazy we are now seeing the silver linings. Not that we had it that bad...I'm just a whiner and here are a few of the good things that have happened to us over the last few days!

  • Both kids were sick for only a few hours.
  • After dealing with an insurance scare and some misinformation I only have to pay $15 for my chiropractor visits instead of $150
  • My parents were able to get moved in successfully with little help from us.

Here is a shot of their new kitchen...I think it turned out great!

  • Because I was able to get into the chiropractor quickly I am up and moving with minimal pain.
  • We were all healthy enough to go to Merel's farewell party.
    I put a few of the pictures from my camera, that I didn't take, into a slide show for you all. There is the "Photo Tour by Ainsley" and a few more shots from the party. I thought Ains did a great job of capturing the greatest aspects of my parents remodel.


  • Our last silver lining was that we got to be served. I realized that we have great support here. A friend that was willing to rush to my house with no notice, a family offered to bring us dinner (we declined...but the thought was nice) and another friend called to volunteer to take my kids with out me even asking. People were so willing to serve us, it's always nice to realize that.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Hey...you have been tagged. Check out my blog.

Kohl said...

Your parents kitchen looks great! Glad you are up and moving again. I think the kids having the stomach bug is the worst sickness they can get. It is such a mess and miserable for everyone!

Anonymous said...

You look like a supermodel in that picture! You're so cute!!

**KT

jessica said...

KT, I think you might be confusing me with Merel.