Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day of firsts

Ainsley and I shared a first day yesterday. It was Ainsley's first day of preschool and my first day of work. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Ainsley's first might have been a bit more fun than mine. She's been excited to go back to school for a while now and I've answered the, "How many more day's?" question a bazillion times. I've been excited for Ains to have something to do during the day. I think we've had a bit of the end of summer boredom the past week or so and the kids have been at each other's throats. Hopefully this small break will make my children friends again.
From what I can tell Ains had a great first day. She met new friends, played, and learned the important rules of crayon, marker, glue, and scissor use. Pretty important stuff. She quizzed me in the car all the way home. "Do we color on our clothes? Noooooo. Do we color on the wall? Nooooooo. Do we color on paper? Yesssss." (I'm sure you can picture how the rest of the lesson went.
As far as work went...I'm not quite sure yet. I'm sure I'll like it but last night was an unusual shift. It was a later than usual night where anyone that works there can come and work from 8:00-???? to set up a new floor set. There was a lot of moving boxes, unloading, and cleaning. I got home at about 12:30. I was exhausted. It was nice to get some hours in last night (and fun to see the pretty sets complete and know that I had done them) but I'm glad that I most likely won't be doing many of these in the future because they are usually on Sunday nights. I met some nice people there (there are several teachers employed by b&bw, and surprisingly, a teacher with the worst mouth I've every heard happens to be employed at my location). Most of the employees are moms that work a few hours, and college girls. I have my first night of training on Friday. I'm excited to see what work will actually be like and to get to know people better.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little Ains is growing up way too fast. Tell her that her clothes for the first day of school look "perfect".

SD and EJ said...

Ains looks super cute. And you talking about displays made me think about when we worked together at Mikasa. Remember that? I completely forgot until now.

jessica said...

Steph...I'm not sure who you worked with at Mikasa but it wasn't me (I do remember you working there though!)

SD and EJ said...

Did we work somewhere else together? I swear we worked in Park City at the same time. Or maybe this is what they call "pregnancy amnesia."

Kohl said...

Anisley looks so cute! Your new job sounds like an adventure, but also some good adult conversation. I think we moms all need a bit of that to keep us from going crazy!

Val said...

Yea for the first day of school! Ains looks so cute! And congrats on your new job! I've been considering trying to find a little something to do but I'm having a hard time making the decision to do it. It's good to know B&BW has shifts you can work!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Ains looks really cute! And congrats on your first day. . . I am sure things will get better once you get into the swing of things. Good Luck!! :)

**KT