Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Jack of all Trades

Tomorrow I begin a second job. I got a completely random call last week from a neighbor of a friend who was in desperate need of a babysitter for her 6 month old one day a week. My friend knew I had been looking for a job a while ago and thought of me when her neighbor was in a pinch. The result is that I now have 2 jobs. I told the mom I will be babysitting for that we'll give this a try and see if her daughter likes being here, if not, I don't think the job will continue. It just isn't worth it for me to have a crying baby on my hands, even if it is only one day a week. So, I guess we'll see if my second job sticks. I also finally got my tutoring flier approved and put into the elementary school near our house...3 jobs??? Not quite sure about that!

*******Update: I am currently babysitting, and it's been a complete breeze. I don't mean to jinx myself, but it really couldn't be much easier. I've been getting paid to make bread, iron, and keep house. The baby loves watching the kids, and they love playing with her. She also took a 3 1/2 hour nap today. I'll be ecstatic if every week is even close to this easy. I feel like I shouldn't be getting paid (okay, that was a lie, I totally should be getting paid. I mean, I did feed her and change her diaper. I even held her on my lap for a while.)

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Wow....look at you go girl! I hope it works out.

shellydinger said...

I firmly believe that watching other peoples kids is the hardest job that anyone can have. I would love to have as much energy as you! Good luck.

Elizabeth said...

You're amazing! I hope you have fun with all three jobs (I guess I should say "four" because motherhood is definitely a full-time job)! I can barely handle one...

Colleen said...

wow. you must be wonder woman. with four jobs. (being a mom and a wife in it self is the biggest job ever). i'm glad everything is working out for you. way to go.