Monday, September 15, 2008

A tour, and a bazillion pictures!!!

Last night I went to check on the kids before I went to bed. As I walked into Ainsley's room I couldn't help but laugh. The sight was not new, it just finally struck me as funny. Her paper creations are slowly taking over her room and some of them are just plain funny. So I went around with the camera late last night (hence a the darkened quality of the pictures) and got some shots of her "decorations."

First up...actually I don't know what to call this. I'm not even sure why she wants her shelves covered. None the less, there it is, the shelf cover thingy.
Next up, a random drawing that hovers above the foot of her bed.
These are the signs on her door explaining the rules of her room (she had me write down the information). The sign on the left says, "No screaming, No fighting, No showing up, and no coming in without looking at the sign." The sign on the right says, "You must come in!"
This is one of my personal favorites. It's a person that she made yesterday. She used her baby highchair, a blanket, Owen's basketball, wet wipes for hair, tape with pen on it for the facial features, and decorated paper for the feet. We just didn't have it in our hearts to make her put it away last night as we were cleaning up before bed.
Here is a bag of Ainsley's collections. She usually has 2 bags of random toys that hang here, but she was sleeping with the other one.
Here is a person that Ains made on her wall. I made the mistake of thinking it was a robot the first time I saw it. Just to be clear...it is NOT a robot!
This is a gas station that John helped her make a while ago. We had visited a friends house and they had made a gas pump out of a box and a bike pump and Ains insisted on doing the same. So here is her miniature verson...minus the bike pump. If you look closely you can see the little hole where the bike pump would go to pump the gas.
This is bunny on his bed. Notice the bunny backpack that she has made for him from paper and yarn.
Up next...the scary bats that Ains made a while ago to have hanging from her ceiling. These are just a few of the bats currently hanging in her room.
This is a pirate flag Ains colored a while ago, and I just noticed the stickers on the wall with it last night...those might have to come down.
These are a few other pirate colorings that beautify the area above her bed.
Ahh, another one of my favorites. This is a coat that Ains made a couple of weeks ago that has been hanging in her closet ever since. She wanted to wear this to church last week and I had to put my foot down. I can only imagine the laughs we would get at church if Ains showed up wearing a shawl made out of a hand towel. (Now that I think of it, Ains uses towels in her playing almost as much as paper.)
And here is our dear Ainsley sleeping with her bag of stuff. We caught her with her light on late last night and she explained that she had to turn it on so that she could see her toys. She's in there I promise!

I think a movie quote pretty much sums up this post. "My daughter, odd? Now where would you get an idea like that?" (Odd but hilarious in my book!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just think creativity and intelligence.

Sheri said...

What was so funny was how it just kept going on and on and on - hilarious! I was laughing so hard.

Lisa-Marie said...

You were SERIOUS about her fascination with all things paper! Seriously, that is so cute. She will love reading this some day!

Colleen said...

that is just to cute. fashion designer on your hands? i just love how creative she is.

Yanira said...

Hey! I thought Mikaela was the queen of paper I guess she has competion now for the title.

Elizabeth said...

that was AWESOME!!

Arin Rohrbach said...

This looks just like Hyrum's room (only for a girl of course). I let Hyrum do art during his quiet time alot of the time, and he comes of with the funniest things and of course he never wants to throw any of it away. I finally gave him a file folder that he can keep his special projects in. Every now and then I just go through and "weed" out some of the overflow. The funny thing is he doesn't notice as long as I don't throw them away on top of the garbage in the garbage can (I totally got busted once and it did not end well.)

SD and EJ said...

So creative! I would have thought that was a robot on her wall too.

Natalie Ball said...

Thanks for the good laugh. She is definitely a character! I love a healthy imagination.