Saturday, September 13, 2008

Flash back to the 80's

Last night John and I went to an 80's party. I was determined to go even though I had to work until 10:00. So I asked to get off work a little early, dashed home, got all 80's-ish (as much as you can in 10 minutes. I'm sure I could have gotten my hair much bigger if I had sufficient ratting time.), and dragged John off to the party just in time for karaoke. It was a blast and John was a real sport considering he wasn't feeling great but knew I really wanted to go the party. I mean, how many opportunities do you get to sport a slap bracelet and have it be the coolest thing ever?

The only sad moment of the night was when I got home and realized that I had forgotten to put on my silver braided belt. I was truly depressed.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You actually look really cute with big hair.

Aimee said...

You look really cute!!

Lisa-Marie said...

Seriously, you could pull that look off RIGHT NOW. This decade. YOu look absolutely darling! Glad you had fun.

The Marshall Family said...

I agree... you should actually wear your hair like that, or a version of it that you don't feel is 80's! How fun. I want to have an 80's party.

shellydinger said...

Who is throwing all these awesome parties? It seems like you were just telling us about another karaoke party you had a blast at.

Melanie said...

I love your huge earrings! I can't tell from the picture, but I hope you're wearing dark blue eyeshadow. :)

jessica said...

I've also been told by several people in my ward now that I should keep the big hairdo...maybe I'm being politely told I need a change!

To answer your questions...yes, I was sure to wear a lovely bright blue eyeshadow. And we live in an awesome ward where there is always fun stuff going on. Parties, dinner invites, playdates...etc. We love our ward!

Dinger said...

You are looking super skinney! Love the idea of an 80's party too! The best era ever!!

Anonymous said...

Big hair is a BIG NO!

Val said...

That is the coolest thing I have ever heard of! You look hot!