Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Christmas 2015

It seemed that the time between putting up the tree this year and taking it down went way too quickly this year.  The month was full of fun and crazy.  We set up the tree as soon as we got home from Salt Lake. 

I'm not sure why Emmie is holding these particular ornaments in this picture...but I'm glad she is.  I don't know that I've ever mentioned the angel on the top of our tree (or maybe I have and this is just repetition!).  For years I looked for the perfect topper for our tree.  I considered all options.  But nothing seemed quite right.  Oftentimes the topper I loved wouldn't even stand up on the tree.  I bought and returned quite a few.  Then one December, when Ainsley was probably in kindergarten or first grade, she brought home this beautifully colored angel.  And since we had no tree topper, it took it's place on top of the tree that year.  It has somehow become a tradition.  I even found an angel that I loved this year while Christmas shopping but I couldn't bring myself to buy it.  For now, and for who knows how long, we will have a paper angel on top of our tree.





Flash forward to Christmas Eve!  Where Ainsley was in much better spirits than in the previous picture.  The kids all got Star Wars pajamas this year.  John took the kids to see it the week before Christmas...they were all fans.

We spent Christmas Eve with the entire Welch clan at my parents house.  We feasted and the kids put on an incredible program.  I'm so mad at myself for not taking any pictures!  But he performance Emmie gave portraying Frosty the Snowman is one that will be remembered forever.

We spent Christmas morning at home and had a great time.  Santa must have nailed it this year because each of the kids gave audible gasps as they came down the stairs this year.  John and I were completely blown away due to the number of thank you's we heard come out of Owen's mouth.  It was amazing!





After opening gifts my parents came over to join us for breakfast.  The kids and I spent the day being lazy but John had to go into work for a few hours (he was on call this year...it was a bummer).  We got to talk to John's parents in Australia which was nice.  And I spent my day drawing on Emmie's Boogie Board.  Kortney's family and my parents came back that night for dinner and to hang out.  It was such a nice day.  So nice that I didn't get around to doing breakfast dishes until 5:00 that night. I wish everyday could be like that!

1 comment:

shellydinger said...

I love the giant red and white ornaments on your tree!