Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Emmie's Room

Emmie is now 6.  And I have never decorated a room or done anything special for her on her walls. I hated the way the paint looked when we painted the house as we were moving in.  So I always just thought I'd wait to hang things on the wall until I repainted....flash forward 3 years...I still have not repainted!  On top of that she typically gets Ainsley's hand-me-downs.  My goal is to do something for her by this spring!

In the meantime, Emmie has taken it upon herself to fill her room with her treasures. And honestly I love it.  I don't know if I can take it down to paint her walls!
The decorations on her walls are constantly morphing and changing.  I love the random things that she finds worthy of a coveted spot on the wall.

And just because:

I found these pictures on my phone.  Emmie took them. They do a beautiful job of showing what is important to her right now.  She asked for an American Girl Doll for Christmas.  Although, she doesn't know what an American Girl doll is, other than the fact that it's an 18 inch doll.  Santa must have realized that, because in stead of one doll he brought her 2 my generations dolls, and a horse, and a bed, and a new outfit.  And she loves them all!
She is very good about making sure that her dolls, Reese and April, are constantly entertained.  She puts them to bed each night and gets them dressed and makes their bed each morning.
She is also good about taking the horse out for walks regularly.  I'm am loving how much fun she is having with these dolls.

3 comments:

shellydinger said...

You perfectly described Audrey and Carson's room. Audrey even has snow flakes placed randomly on her wall!

Alene said...

I am so glad you are blogging again.

SD and EJ said...

Cute! I love the doll names. And I love her room too!