Friday, January 15, 2016

Part-6 Boston and the Freedom Trail

By this point we were close enough to Syd that she decided to join us for the day in Boston.  She lived about 1-1/2 hours away.   The weather up until this point had been cold and windy due to the hurricane and all...but our weather for Boston was gorgeous.  After figuring out the subway (which was a breeze after New York) we were off to Boston Commons to start our journey.
I also did the freedom trail years ago with John's family with 7 month old Ainsley in tow.  I can state with absolute certainty that sightseeing without a baby is much better than sight seeing with a baby. It was so fun to see all of these places again.



I may or may not have ordered 2 items from Mike's Pastry because when am I going to be able to eat there again!  I devoured my first item right outside the shop. My second item (a delicious peanut butter brownie) I attempted to eat in the car late that night while driving.  It was messy.  And I'm sure quite a sight.  I think I must have been tired...why else would I insist on eating it at that very  moment?
We stopped by Paul Revere's old stomping ground and toured his house. I can't believe it's still standing!  And what is crazy to me is that there is an elementary school right across the street!  Can you imagine going to school across the street from history like that!?


We made it to old Iron Sides after a day full of walking.  But we pooped out there and didn't make it to Bunker Hill.  Next time we'll have to start there...
Instead of Bunker Hill we took a ferry ride so that we could catch the subway to Harvard.

For some reason I just feel dumb standing on that campus.  Maybe because I assume everyone there is smarter than me!
The workers at the book store told us to go get some food at tasty burger for dinner. And we hate disappointing people so of course we went.  I had my first burger with mac and cheese on it. I'm a fan.

1 comment:

SD and EJ said...

This makes me want to go to Boston again! But, seriously, a hamburger with mac and cheese?! Gross. The peanut butter brownie sounds delish, though.