Friday, January 15, 2016

Part-6 Syd's House

After our long day in Boston we drove to Syd's house for the night.  When we pulled into her driveway we had driven 3002 miles.  We are so awesome!  And the best part was we didn't have to drive them again to get home!
We spent the night there and did some sight seeing in Woods Hole.  I'm not going to lie...I'm completely jealous that Syd gets to live in New England.  I love it there!



And then, sadly, Syd drove us to the airport and we said goodbye.  It was so strange leaving her there and at the same time we were so exhausted we were a bit delirious.  For example I don't even remember taking this picture.  Or why we would have bothered!
We flew from Boston to ??  Colorado maybe?  And flew into Boise around midnight. I have never slept on a plane.  Ever.  But this time I slept soundly.  I vaguely remember asking the flight attendant for water and peanuts and the rest is a blur.
If I'm being honest I was a little bit worried that by the end of the trip Kortney and I would be completely sick of each other.  8 days straight with any one person could make you sick of anyone!  But I am happy to report that we had a blast.  We laughed, talked, listened to Serial, and laughed some more. At one point my dad was following us and apparently I was swerving.  When we stopped for gas he asked if I was tired and needed to switch drivers.  But really I had just been laughing so hard that I was crying and couldn't see.  And that's how the whole trip was.  I loved it!

2 comments:

KT said...

Such an EPIC trip!! Sounds like a total blast. We went back east too, but only to PA and NY. You got to do so many cool things! So awesome.

Kohl said...

Wow! What a fun trip! I love Massachusetts. Definitely my favorite place to visit back east. And by the way Jess, you look great!!