Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Part-4 New Port Rhode Island


After our crazy day in New York we woke up early the next morning. I'd say the common theme of the week was lots of doing, and only a little sleeping.  We work up early for our 3 hour drive to New Port, Rhode Island to see the mansions of the super rich of the early 1900's.  Oh, and to meet up with my parents.  My parents don't like to miss out on fun.  So when Kort and I planned our trip they decided to skip the long driving part and just meet us for the touristy part.  It was the first time the 4 of us had been on a vacation (or maybe even gone on any outing) together since kort and I were little...almost 30 years ago!

 I had actually been to the Breaker Mansion (The Vanderbilt's Summer home)  when Ainsley was a baby and we went to New England with John's family.  I loved it then...but I loved it even more with no baby in tow!  We went on three tours.  Most of the tours are self guided audio tours now but we did have one live tour guide.  Needless to say we were all impressed, and now our own homes just seem like a big pile of garbage.




After touring to our hearts content Kort and I crashed at my parents hotel that night.  Yay for free hotel!  We got some fish and chips for dinner and walked along the ocean.  So pretty.  I seriously love New England.  I would move there in a heartbeat.

2 comments:

shellydinger said...

Newport is one of my favorite places ever! My sister always had a membership and I never got tired of walking through those insane houses. I'm so glad you got to go (without kids- and on a sunny day!)

SD and EJ said...

That place was so cool!