Saturday, April 7, 2007

Easter Egg Hunts!






This morning we got up and walked to the christian center that is just next to our neighborhood for their Easter egg hunt. It was kind of cool because there was a lot of carnival stuff there too. Ains got to jump around in the inflatables and get her picture taken with the easter bunny. I'm still not sure if she noticed or what traumatized when one of the easter bunnies took off their head for a breather. We also got to attend a motivational presentation in their auditorium. At least we had a moment about what Easter is all about. Ains got into the dancing. They sang "I get low and he lifts me up," and ains would do the up and down actions with them. I threw in a picture of the dancers just for fun. Then we headed outside for the 2-3 year old hunt. Ains was so funny because when they said go she took off running and didn't pick up any eggs. I guess she thought it was a foot race or something. John had to run out and help her so that we could get some candy (yes I mean we). She ended up doing pretty well.



After our first egg hunt I got a call from my sister and one of her friends was doing a little Easter egg hunt for a few kids and invited Ainsley to come. So we headed over there and Ains got to hunt for eggs that weren't just spread out all over the lawn. She seemed to have fun, John I think was a little more into it than she was. Afterwards the kids got to play soccer for a while and the adults got to make italian sodas. We're totally into italian sodas now. I guess as far as Easter festivities goes...so far so good. I was a little worried ains would be disappointed because all week she has been talking about going "trick or treating" for Easter. She was going to dress up as a tiger. I can only imagine the looks we would have gotten going door to door with our tiger and her Easter basket today. What fun! And there are more festivities to come!

No comments: