Thursday, April 19, 2007

Crazy Week

Usually things here in our house are pretty boring, run of the mill, and predictable. This week however things got a little crazy. For some reason, and I think this happens to a lot of us, we go for a long time with just our random normal things to do and then all of a sudden we have a week where everything just hits at once. I would love it if things were a little more spread out. Then I could fill my boring weeks with a few activities.

John's mom came to visit this week (actually she came to help out with our nephew Zachary after his surgery, but we got to see lots of her too). Ains loved being able to spend lots of time with her cousins. We spent a lot of Monday at Dan and Paige's house, I felt bad because I think Ains wore poor Zachary out. Ainsley was excited because Grandma got to come see her new bedroom and house.

We got home from their house late that night and then I had to make some banana bread for a brunch/play date that we got invited to the next morning. I was really excited that we were invited because Ainsley needs some friends in this ward and who am I kidding, I do to. It was a lot of fun and we both got to meet a lot of people. Tuesday right after our play date I had to prepare things for scouts and enrichment that night. All I have to say about scouts is that I'm never baking cookies with the help of 8 boys, a 3 year old, and 2 babies again. I could go on for hours about the experience but I won't. I'll just add one more thing and ask, "How in the world do chocolate chips get in the bathroom sink when you are making cookies in the kitchen???!!!" I survived scouts and then rushed off for enrichment, I would have been tempted to skip but I had been asked to prepare food for the event, and I really do need to meet people. Enrichment was good, I came home and crashed.

The next morning we got up early and ran our errands. Not fun errands. We had to go to Costco and the mall. Why did we have to go to the mall you ask? When I went to get Ainsley dressed that morning I realized that her 2 pairs of pants (yes she only has 2 left that aren't completely holey and one of the 2 has patches) were both dirty. Enough was enough. I kept thinking that it would get warm soon and I wouldn't have to buy more pants this season, but yesterday I gave up. I threw on her dirty grass stained pants and we were off to Costco and the mall. What made shopping more fun was that is was 30 degrees outside, raining, and windy! The mall wouldn't have been so bad but Ainsley has an opinion now and refuses to wear just any old thing that is on sale. We eventually did find her some pants and a few shirts and then the shopping experience was over. Two hours later we were home and Costco things were finally put away...except for the huge tray of hamburger that is still sitting in my fridge. (How long will that stay good for there I wonder?) We did get to spend the rest of the day with grandma and cousins. They came over to play and have dinner. So that was nice. The picture above is a zoned out Ainsley and Zachary watching cartoons. Today things have finally slowed down. Just dance, laundry, and errands. Tomorrow just the cleaning of 2 houses. What a fun life I lead.

No comments: