Wednesday, April 11, 2007

It all started a year ago...



Today is my niece Bailey's birthday. She is 1 today. And it was a year ago today that I was here haphazardly looking for a place for us to live. John had just received his job offer and was lined up to start on May 1st. As soon as we found that out I hopped in the car with Ainsley and headed to Boise to get everything lined up for our move. I found our apartment a year ago yesterday, spent the day after running around trying to work out insurance because I was pregnant and we were a little worried about coverage. While I was doing all of that Kortney was in the hospital having Bailey. What a week that was. It seems crazy that for almost a year now John and I have been "normal" adults and not students. Our whole marriage we had been looking forward to being done with school, and now it's been almost a year. And I have to admit, life without school is a lot more pleasant.

I didn't have any pictures of our actual apartment so I just stuck in a couple of my favorites from our apartment days. The second picture is one of my favorites because there is one of me in almost exactly the same pose at about the same age. I guess you have to find some way to occupy your time when going to the bathroom.

2 comments:

shellydinger said...

I can't wait to be a normal adult!

SD and EJ said...

I want to keep her!!