Monday, April 23, 2007

I want to ride my bicycle

We have been looking for a bike for Ainsley for a while. I had mostly been looking on my new favorite craigslist, but to no avail. Bikes are apparently in high demand and go very fast. Last weekend Ainsley's cousin Maddie was nice enough to lend Ains her old bike for the summer. Ainsley was very excited and has been wanting to learn to ride her bike all week but the weather has been awful. This weekend the weather was still bad but John took her up and down the street and then let her practice in the garage. She finally figured out that you have to peddle to keep moving. She had a lot of fun with it. Now we just need to get her fast enough so that we she can ride along with us while we go on family walks...no more stroller for her!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Do you guys own a truck?

jessica said...

No, I wish, we just have a blazer.

Kohl said...

I was going to ask the same question about the car. When did you get a blazer? At least you have a car! :) Ainsley looks so old. I can't believe how fast they grow up.

jessica said...

So there is a lot of curiosity about the car??? We got it last february when the old '86 camry I drove in college broke down. We decided it just wasn't worth repairing and I'm wierd about minivans so I made us get this instead. Sure it will only snugly fit 3 kids but it's cooler.

SD and EJ said...

Eric won't let me drive a van ever. I don't know what he's planning to fit a bunch of kids in.