Sunday, November 25, 2007

And on to Christmas!

Not to totally put down Thanksgiving...I know I have a lot to be grateful for...but this year I just wasn't into it. I didn't really even feel like a big turkey dinner. Yet, I still ate my fair share of the big turkey dinner. But I have been on the Christmas bandwagon for a few weeks now. Christmas music has been playing in the car, and now that Thanksgiving is over John can't complain about it! On Saturday we got our house completely decorated for Christmas! The tree is up (our tree is a beast to get up because it has several broken branches and is not pre-lit, so this took the majority of our time), the lights are on the house (with our minuscule amount of lights this takes all of 10 minutes), stockings are hung, and Ainsley is now confused as to why we have to wait so long for Santa. I love the whole Christmas season and this year I will really enjoy it because I'm almost done with my shopping too. I just have a few odds and ends to pick up! Yes, Thanksgiving is over, and thus, Christmas has begun!

The only pictures we took were of the decorating of the tree, so enjoy!
(Ainsley is very good at grouping ornaments, it's fun to see how the tree changes slightly every day as ornaments on the bottom few feet of the tree are constantly rearranged.)
I just threw this last picture in because I know lots of you are dying to see my hair, which has lightened a considerable amount now and so I feel comfortable posting a picture of me even though I'm not doing anything in particular in this picture.

6 comments:

shellydinger said...

Thanks for the picture! There is a serious lack of Jessica pictures on your blog. I really really like the ribbon on your tree. That is such a cool idea.

shellydinger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Val said...

I have felt the same way about the holidays! It's gonna be fun keeping the kids away from the tree this year!

Lisa-Marie said...

Love the tree....LOOOOVE the hair!

The Marshall Family said...

Are you worried about spending your whole day keeping Owen away from the tree? I am worried about this with Hayden, so I think I might be lame and use my small alpine trees this year and put them on a little table so he can't reach them!

jessica said...

Maria,
the bottom 2 feet of my tree only have wood ornaments on them. Anything breakable is up high, so the tree actually looks kind of funny. But already the tree has become common place in Owen's eyes and he pretty much leaves it alone.