Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween

I have to admit that Halloween is not one of my favorite holidays. I never really liked dressing up, I never ate all of my candy, I dreaded it as a teacher, and although we had a lot of fun last night, I'm kind of glad it's over and we can move on to other holidays. So here are the main events from our night. John took Ains and Owen out trick-or-treating while I stayed home to pass out candy...oh wait...you have to actually have kids come to your door to pass out candy and that didn't happen. I ended up leaving candy on our porch for the night with a note that said please take some! So I sat at home until John brought Owen back and then took Ains out for another round. She got a ton of candy for only going to a few houses. I thin we are tucked too far into our neighbor hood to get many trick-or-treaters because as soon as I pulled out of the garage to go and pick up John and Ains I saw a few kids on our street but then when I got to a more main street, just two streets away, there were masses of kids lining the streets (okay, maybe not masses but a lot!)

Then we headed out to go to some of Ainsley's friends houses that are a bit farther away and we discovered that she and her friend Ellie (Galloway) were both Snow White! Don't they look cute. We then ventured over to my parents house to take some pictures and to go to the ever famous "spider house" that Ains has been begging to go trick-or-treating to for months. She talks about this house year round because they have the HUGE spiders that they put crawling up their house, a grave yard in the front yard, smoke machine, lightning, and a witch that sits out on the drive way with a cauldron (and an outdoor heater...smart) giving the kids candy. Ains then got to go to some more houses with her aunt Syd and Merrel, Owen went to a few more houses at his own pace and wowed the crowds. And then we headed home, with and INCREDIBLE amount of candy!
We got home just in time. On the drive home we had a huge melt down and this is how our night ended...
So Halloween is officially over and now I just have to figure out what to do with all the candy that in no way involves me eating all of it in a week! Even the bowl of candy I left on our porch was barely touched. Darn those honest people who only took a few pieces of candy each!

5 comments:

The Marshall Family said...

I love the picture of Ainsley at the end!

Kohl said...

I just did my Halloween post today too and then I read yours. We must be on the same page about Halloween. Thank goodness it is over, but what do we do with all the candy?

Karalenn Hippen said...

Oh Ainsley. What a cute sad little face. Why does it always end in tears? I think I'd like to see that spider house too. :) SOunds like you did a ton. Hey my friend told me of what she does with the candy and I think it's great. You have your kids pick their favorite 15 pieces and then they leave out the rest of their candy in the familyroom where the Great Pumpkin comes and takes your candy and trades it for a toy. Not bad eh?

Val said...

I agree! I'm so glad Halloween is over!

Krisser said...

Sorry we missed you at your parents house! Jillian was snow white too, they would have had fun twirling their dresses together!