Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pumpkins!

Carving time is here once more and this year we were lucky enough to have two nights of it. We had planned to do carving as a combined FHE with my whole family, but John was in trial that day and didn't end up getting home until after 8:00. So we carved one for FHE and then we did another one last night. I know, 2 pumpkins, pretty wimpy of us! Last year we did four, and I decided this year 2 would be enough. And sure enough, it was! Ains wasn't too excited about cleaning out the pumpkin, I learned that John stinks at this as well. When he was done carving there were still seeds and tons of gook (is gook a word, I was shocked spell check allowed it?)in his pumpkin that I then had to clean out...do you think he did that on purpose??? Owen got his little poker and joined in the fun. So after only carving 2 pumpkins, we are all carved out for this year.


I just had to get a picture of the cookie Ains decorated after she was done with her pumpkin, I think she used a full bottle of sprinkles!
Ours is the pumpkin on the far left. Maybe I shouldn't have written that and just let everyone think that ours was one of the more cooler looking ones!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also hate cleaning out the gook, although I can now tolerate it. But when I was a kid, my mom or dad (or older sister who didn't seem to be bothered by that kind of thing) did it for me. Luckily Russ doesn't insist that we carve pumpkins -- I think the last time I carved one was in college. And I am just fine with that. I did try to grow pumpkins this year, but I must have had runt seeds because, even though I got 7 or 8 pumpkins, they were all about the size of a baseball. So no carving for us. Yeah!

shellydinger said...

I think your pumpkin looks great! I love that Owen got to poke at a pumpkin. Too funnY!