Monday, October 15, 2007

Fun Saturday!

We had a really fun day on Saturday. It was Karalenn's birthday and since she was in town we went with her family and friends to Harnival. What is Harnival? It's a party invented by Ainsley's nursery teacher that's a harvest celebration and a carnival. He did it as a party for his business, and since his company fixed our computer a while ago we were invited. It was a lot of fun. There was a DJ, face painting, cotton candy, lunch, balloon animals, a kids jump house, hay rides, popcorn, farm animals, and a few vendors with other games for the kids. We all had a lot of fun! Thanks to Karalenn and her family there was a lot of dancing going on and Ains got to learn the chicken dance too.

After Harnival we came home for a rest and then headed off to our ward's elders quorum party. I didn't take the camera but I wish I would have to get a picture of John playing flag football! The guys looked like they had a lot of fun playing, although it didn't get too intense because they let a few younger kids play too. We had a lot of fun hanging out with people and Ainsley had so much fun playing with her friends that there were more than a few tears shed when it was time to leave (and we were even one of the last to leave so there weren't that many friends left). It was so fun to see her at an age where she could run and play with kids on her own. That left Owen with me who's favorite spot was the drinking fountain...ew! I'm still hoping he hasn't contracted some weird disease. Fun day though!

Ains with her ladybug on a flower.
Not sure what dance Karalenn and Sunny are doing but looks like fun eh?!?

Ainsley's lovely lady bug....well worth the LONG wait!
Owen and his beloved rock!I made him trade in the rock for a puppy balloon, although the puppy was gone by the time we got home.

2 comments:

Karalenn Hippen said...

I can't believe I didn't get one stinkin picture of you guys there. I think we only remembered our camera when we were dancing stupidly around... so I've got a bajillion of people in weird dancing positions. I'm going to put it on my blog and link it to yours so people can see pictures of you too. :)

Karalenn Hippen said...

By the way, that was so fun. I'm glad you told us about it.