Saturday, October 27, 2007

Trunk or Treat

Tonight we had our ward/neighborhood Trunk or Treat. I think that trunk or treat is a crazy phenomenon. Mostly because what it boils down to is an additional night of trick or treating where the stops are cleverly close together so that children are able to acquire an incredible amount of candy in an incredibly short amount of time. What happened to working for your treats?!? I must say that it was still loads of fun though.

We tricked Ains into thinking that she wanted to be Snow White this year so that I didn't have to buy her a costume (she was given this one fore her birthday) and Owen was originally supposed to be a chicken (Ainsley's old costume) but we realized that Owen is not a fan of dressing up. He refused to wear his chicken costume and since it was velcro he could get it off. So we rummaged this costume out of my mom's costume bin (I think Michael must have used this costume when he was little). He didn't like the bat costume any better but it tied and so he couldn't get it off. Plus it glowed in the dark...AWESOME! (Even more awesome is the fact that I only spent 34 cents on Halloween costumes this year!)

We got to eat hot dogs and the kids did their parade of costumes and then the candy hording began. Ains soon caught on and hit every trunk. Owen moved at a much slower pace since he had to stop and inspect every piece of candy that was placed in his bucket. He made it to about 10 cars and then got to hang out in our car with Dad. And now we are all sufficiently sugared up and ready for the real event on Wednesday. I guess we could say tonight was just our trial run.
I caught Owen in the back of the car taking candy out of Ainsley's bag and stuffing it in to his. Clever boy!
This next series of pictures I just thought was funny, Owen ducked his head down and gave us that crazy face every time we tried to get a picture. It was just too funny!




6 comments:

shellydinger said...

Those are great pictures, but where are your costumes?

Lisa-Marie said...

I don't really get Trunk or Treat either. Now that I do have kids I "get it" but still miss the good ole days when we ran through the neighborhood just like it is in the movies. That is the real deal. Your kiddos look super cute. I love the last pic of Owen.

Heather I. said...

I think my sister had that costume when we were kids....Yep, I remember those glowing bat ears!

Val said...

They look so cute! Our Bishop wouldn't let us have a Trunk-or-Treat! Not fair! So, what did you spend the 34 cents on?

The Marshall Family said...

As I was getting 11 pounds of candy at Winco the other day I thought (as an adult obviously) why do we do this - go door to door, or trunk to trunk to purposely give kids sugar! It is fun though! Your kids looked so cute!

jessica said...

I spent 34 cents on the ribbon for Ainsley's hair...she had to have the red ribbon!