Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I finally have a pantry...

granted my pantry is located in my garage, but I'll take it! From the time John and I got married I have always had to deal with storage issues, particularly with food. I swore that when we got a house I would buy one with a large pantry to solve all of my food storage issues. Well, that sure didn't happen since my pantry is the size of a big cupboard. So this weekend John put together my "outdoor pantry." For the first time ever I have room to spare. I even put my massive amounts of food storage in my new pantry, and there's still room to spare! I love that I've been to Costco, and to the grocery store, and all of my families food is enclosed in some sort of cupboard...Awesome!

3 comments:

The Marshall Family said...

Looking good. Isn't it funny the things we get excited about!

Val said...

I know how you feel about needing a place for all your food! I'm so glad you have a place now. You'll be able to fit tons of food storage in there! Someone told me those #10 cans from the cannery are the perfect size to fit under beds. I guess the side rails on our bed are too low, because they don't fit.

Kohl said...

Congrats on your new food storage closet! That is one thing I am missing from my old house is the great food storage room. Now I have to get Nate to build me some shelves down in our basement, but I don't see that happening very soon. So in the mean time my food storage is stacked (very unorganized) in the basement. Enjoy all your space!