Thursday, October 4, 2007

I'm a Genius!

Today while attempting to run my dishwasher I distractedly put dish soap into the soap dispenser instead of dishwasher soap. I noticed my mistake before I ran the dishwasher... I just didn't make great efforts to clean all of the soap out of the dispenser. I didn't think a small amount of left over soap would do that much damage. Apparently I buy the super power dish soap with bubbles that just don't stop, because I had to rid my dishwasher of bubbles and then run the dishwasher 3 times before the bubbles were gone. My sink was full of frothy bubbles that I took from the dishwasher and dumped in the sink.
I could blame my brilliant mistake on the fact that I had been up until about 4:00 in the morning with Owen taking his turn at being sick and throwing up repeatedly (it was so sad to watch him so sick and almost confused by it all) and I was hurriedly trying to get my wreck of a house cleaned up and somewhat sanitized before I leave for the weekend. That's right...I'm leaving for a couple of days. Child free shopping for a day and a half! I've earned it after a week like this one! Good thing Owen is feeling better so I don't feel bad leaving John with a sick baby!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad. I also learned the hard way that you can't use dish soap in a dishwasher.
--Alene

Lisa-Marie said...

Jessica, I am so glad that you get your break. You deserve it!!!! Have so much fun.

Karalenn Hippen said...

You are so funny. You know, I think we have the same bowls. :) Have fun shopping.