Monday, October 22, 2007

Pumpkin Patch

Today Owen and I joined Ainsley on her school's field trip to the pumpkin patch. It started out a little rough. I forgot my camera, our ride woke up late and so therefore I was waiting and late, and then when we got there Owen threw up on me as soon as I took him out of the car. Twice. Thank heavens he didn't throw up in the car! (I honestly think he was car sick). So after we got that cleaned up with wet wipes ,and there was only a hint of nasty throw up smell on us we were off!

It turned out to be a fun morning. We got to go on a hayride through all of the pumpkin fields. Then the kids got to go and color a pumpkin picture. We then ventured out into the field to pick our own pumpkin. By this point my arms were burning from lugging Owen around. We found our pumpkins, and them my arms really started to burn due to the added weight. Then all of the little preschoolers got to go into a maze made from bales of hay (a hay bale maze?). It was really cute to see all of their little heads bouncing above the bales of hay. I think Ainsley figured out the maze and then went through it a good three or four more times. Then they passed out a snack for all of the kids. It was a lot of fun. Since I forgot to bring my camera I got a picture of the kids by their pumpkins when we got home. I wonder if Owen's little foot is curled because the ground was freezing???

****I forgot a funny story. A friend that I went to high school with (Carol Mortensen (Stringham) has a little boy in Ainsley's class. She told me today that the other day in his prayers Dallin prayed for Ainsley. I'm not sure in what context. He could have been thankful for her, or just glad that she's alive, either way I thought it was cute!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was B. nice to her?

jessica said...

I tried to steer Ains away from her little friend, but they did okay, a few mean comments, but her mom was there to intervene. Her mom is actually kind of strict, B is just sneaky! I talked to her teacher today too, she said that she hadn't noticed a problem in class, which is good, but I'm thinking the problems are hidden.