Monday, October 8, 2007

Weekend Away!!!


This past weekend I went with my mom, sisters, and Merel to Salt Lake. It was a ton of fun...so much fun that I only pulled out my camera twice, once while we were touring temple square and then in the car on the way home. Luckily for me I got the best shot of Syd and Merel ever!!! They will also not be speaking to me for the next little while for posting the lovely shot of them. I'll have to get some more pictures from Merel because she took a ton.
We left Thursday night and were worried when Merel's stomach started hurting. I was worried she was getting the bug that is currently circulating my family. But by the time we got to Salt Lake she was fine and the fun began. We got up Friday morning and hit temple square. Merel is getting thrown into Mormonism so we thought a visit would be good for her, plus our hotel was right down the street. It was nice to walk around and take a look at things I hadn't seen in a while. After we were done there we headed up to Park City to shop! We shopped for what seemed like 500 hours. My feet have never been more sore from shopping. I found some great bargains, and even though I was hoping to find a lot more (Christmas is coming you know) I'll still consider it a trip well worth it. When we were exhausted and hungry we headed back to Salt Lake for dinner.
It was after 8:00 so we thought we would head to Olive Garden assuming that there wouldn't be a wait that late. Boy were we wrong. There was a 40 minute wait! We stuck it out though and after we had sufficiently stuffed ourselves we headed to Nelson's frozen custard for something sweet and delicious. We pulled up to Nelson's 10 minutes before they closed and as luck would have it we encountered another huge wait. This time the cause of our wait was a youth group from the ward then neighbors my parents. We were thoroughly depressed when halfway though serving the group before us the workers announced that they were all out of custard! There were a few tears shed but we managed to survive the night.
We headed back to the hotel, relaxed in the hot tub for a while, and then went to bed exhausted. We got up early and headed out of town so that we would make it back in time for our husbands to go to the priesthood session. We did make one minor detour at Tai Pan on our way home where we all found some cute things. By we all, I mean my mom, Kort, and I. I think Merel and Syd have demonstrated by their picture how tired we were but we had tons of fun. Maybe this will have to be a yearly get away!

2 comments:

Val said...

I love the pic of Syd! I'm surprised you're still alive after you posted it! I'm glad you had a fun trip. I want to get away and do something like that, too. Oh, wait, I don't have any sisters. :(

Karalenn Hippen said...

Oh my goodness. That is the best picture. I'm so so happy you took and shared. I only wish I had seen it before coming to Boise so I could have made fun of Syd when I saw her at church. Darn!