Friday, October 12, 2007

Food Storage

Last night I went to the cannery and started our food storage. I've never had room or money for extra food (okay, I still don't) but I decided to go ahead and get started. I must admit that my first purchase was very meager. There was a bit of poking fun made at my major purchase of 4 cans of wheat. Yes, I only got 4. And that is my total order pictured. 19 cans of stuff. So now my family won't starve (for 3 days) because we'll have oats, rice, flour, hot chocolate, and wheat. That's all you need to live right? Because I learned that you can sprout the wheat and use it for a vegetable??? So buying wheat is like buying a can of vegetables...I like to inform as well as entertain!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well I went to the cannery for my first time last week, and I bought 8 cans total (only 2 wheat since we don't have a wheat grinder but Russ seems to think we can hit it really hard with a mallet if we get hungry). I will admit that I have about 10 other cans of stuff that my mom did for me at the cannery, so I guess I won't starve either...