Thursday, November 15, 2007

A day home

Lately we have been doing a lot of shopping due to the approaching holidays. The kids have been a little under the weather and so I decided that we would spend a day at home (except for dance). I guess the kids had to work a little harder to find things to do that weren't boring since we were here for so long, because they explored new depths of the house today. I was a little startled when Owen came out of Ainsley's room with a binky! We haven't used binkies in a while now so I was surprised, then I was completely baffled when I realized that it was one of Owen's newborn binkies. How long has that thing been hiding in some random corner I wonder? The nice thing was that he didn't suck on it. He just thought it was something to chew and got bored with it after a minute or two.
Ainsley resorted to playing in her closet under all her clothes after I made her clean up her project. I wish I would have gotten a picture of that. When Ains does a project it involves pencils, glue stick, and scissors. Nothing is really made. Paper is just cut and re-cut, occasionally glued, and every so often there is some sort of writing. The result is a MASSIVE quantity of teeny tiny papers COVERING the floor. The cleanup after a project is always fun!
Owen also decided to do a project of his own today. It involved a crayon and my couch. Due to the fact that my couch is canvas, and canvas is the least kid friendly fabric out there, I didn't dare scrub the crayon out because it would have left a huge bleach stain. So I removed the covers and attempted washing them in the washer. They are already reaching the point where they will need replaced so I hope I didn't ruin them. Actually, I guess ruining them would mean I might get new couches, so that might not be a bad thing. I guess we'll see!

3 comments:

shellydinger said...

all day at home can be so hard, but sometimes it really is nice. Owen's hair looks great! Did you cut it?

Val said...

So did the stain come out?

jessica said...

Yes, the stain came out. But so did some of the tube stuff that lines the edges of the cushions. Maybe I'm closer to new couches than I thought!