Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Too much TV

I don't usually watch that much TV. It seems like the TV watching in this house goes in cycles. Lately we go most days without turning on the TV at all (days, not nights, that would be crazy!). But yesterday I had a moment of boredom and got sucked into TV mode for the rest of the night. First I got sucked into the Oprah show. What was particularly sad about this is that it was just a recap of her favorite things show but I still somehow got addicted.
After a bit of meaningless TV we watched Charlie Brown Christmas. I really like that show (especially the dancing scene, I've never seen any crazier dancing in all my life) but we couldn't just stop at the actual Christmas show. We also had to watch the next 30 minutes of newly made Charlie Brown snippets that just don't compare to the original.
I then got sucked into the biggest loser. To be honest, this happens a little too often. I just really like seeing the before and after pictures of the person that gets voted off.
After Biggest Loser I felt I "needed" to watch the finale of Dancing with the stars. Even though I don't really follow the show, and I don't really care who wins.

So I watched TV last night from about 4:00 to 10:00. I wish I would have done something a little more productive. Watching that much TV made me pass the point of enjoying just being able to sit and be entertained and got me to the point where I just wanted to turn it off because I had a headache from watching so much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have days like that too! Sometimes I think my brain really shuts off and I am incapable of moving from the couch...

Anonymous said...

I have days like that too! Sometimes I think my brain really shuts off and I am incapable of moving from the couch...

Heather I. said...

That is so funny. I think Oprah does it to you; when I start to watch her, I get addicted, too.

The Marshall Family said...

Don't feel bad. Everyone needs days like that. I feel that way too sometimes. The only show I fell that I "have" to watch is the office.