Sunday, August 19, 2007

10 Year Reunion



This weekend has been full of festivities revolving around my 10 year reunion. Unfortunately I only took pictures the last night, but at least I took those. On Friday there was a picnic for the families of my graduating class. It was held at a park so John got the fun job of playing with kids on the playground (with a lot of the other spouses) while I got to talk with old friends. It was a lot of fun to see so many people with their families.
That night after the picnic I had a sleepover with Maria, Alyssa, and Karalenn (all pictured in the photo above). We decided to get together and Maria was nice enough to let us use her house and her husband was nice enough to let us be noisy in his house until about 4 or 5 in the morning. It was a blast. It was like being in high school again. The four of us have kept in touch after all this time and it's so fun to get to do things like this and laugh and be stupid like we were way back when. Karalenn even made us tell fortunes with cards.
Saturday night was the big event. Our reunion was at a club called the Reef. The food was good, I only wish I had eaten more. There was an open bar so we got lots of virgin drinks while we watched other people get lots of real drinks and slowly get a little silly. I think John had 20 or so (virgin I'm assuming). Our husbands found a room in the back with a big screen TV showing nature shows so they sat back there and had a grand old time eating and drinking and didn't have to talk to that many people. As much as it would have been fun to have John with me it was nice to be able to use him as an excuse to leave a conversation. When I would get to the point in a conversation where you run out of things to say I just had to say, "Well, I should probably go and find my husband." It was nice to see everyone but when the point in the night came where the band started playing it was time for me to go. Not because the music was bad, the band was actually surprisingly good, but because I realized that I'm old and don't enjoy music that's so loud that you can't hear someone yelling in your ear.
After the reunion I headed over to a get together with some old friends at someones house. We just hung out and talked for a while and then I went and dropped Karalenn off at her brother's house where I was introduced to the "worst music video ever" by her sister in law Sunny. I'd just like to thank Sunny for the great deal of laughs that this video has brought into my home.



This is a video remake (obviously done by LDS kids and just as funny as the original)

3 comments:

shellydinger said...

I've been curious how your reunion went. I loved that you had a sleepover. That video is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time!

Heather I. said...

We were shown that video about a year ago and it still cracks us up, it's fantastic!

Karalenn Hippen said...

No fair. I was totally going to put that on my blog! :) I keep watching it too. It's so awful. I'm so glad we could go to the reunion and the sleepover. I'm especially glad that Maria married Denzel Washington in my fortune telling. Poor Mike. :)